Today I went to Kiera’s Kindergarten Family Friday. And it wasn’t as much chaos as you would think. We helped the kids make their Valentine’s Day card files, where they can stuff all the cards and candy they get from their cute little classmates. Kiera was at a table with three little boys who were just as happy as she was to glue on lacy hearts and sparkly confetti. I suppose that will all change in a few years.
The artist at work…..
Add the tongue to get it just right (it’s a Bisbee thing)….
The finished project. Kiera’s was pretty heavy on hearts, dragonflies and butterflies. She is incredibly girly. By the way, I do comb her hair every day. I know it doesn’t look like it here, but in my defense, these were taken right after recess.
And on to decorating cookies….
Is that enough sprinkles?
The best part of decorating cookies....
My sweet girl
One day a week, I volunteer in Keira’s classroom and it’s been fun getting to know her little classmates and watching how Kiera interacts with her friends and classmates. I will say that volunteering has made me appreciate teachers more and reaffirmed the fact that I do not have the patience required to be a teacher!
A funny note…Last month in the classroom, I was working with a table of students and at the table next to mine this is the conversation I overheard…..
“You DO have to be married to have a baby,” says a little boy. And then from a little girl….
“Well, my mom’s not married and she has me and my little sister….”
I was doing all I could not to laugh. Kids trying to figure out their world……
1 comment:
I love your blog. And I'm so glad you're updating it more regularly. Since I never get to see you or your cute kiddo :)
Post a Comment