Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tulips and sunshine


Ever since we moved here, we’ve been hearing about the Woodburn tulip festival. After seeing pictures of the festival last year, I decided that we had to go this year. 

This seems weird to say after the months upon months of rain, but the only bad part of the whole experience is that we chose a sunny day to make the trek to Woodburn. Great for wandering around, but not so wonderful for taking photos. However, I will not complain about the sunshine because I loved it, even if there were shadows in my pictures! 

This is what you want to do when the clouds are gone, the rain is absent and the sun is full on shining....



Though you can't pick the tulips, Kiera kept smelling them.......


.....smelling more......


.....and picking up the floppy ones that had fallen onto the pathways.
She had quite a little collection by the time we left!




The tulips are just gorgeous. I took sooooo many pictures!



The sky was clear enough that Mount Hood was visible in the background.



Rows and rows of tulips.





So lovely.....



 This was my favorite tulip. Although if we went back again, I'd probably choose a different one since they are all so  beautiful.



Of course, we took time to eat elephant ears....



....and take silly pictures....


...before we took some family pictures.













1 comment:

Mikelle said...

shadows!? Where! You pictures are to die for! The one with mount hood is so awesome!!